Tuesday 21 June 2011

So its the Solstice

And although sunrise was technically 4.42am it has yet to appear here. One of the wettest and grayest solstices I have ever known. Even the wood for the fire is so damp I doubt it will light first go!


However dancing and music abound as Littleun has a new rhythm he wants to play for his drums and we have food on the go already.


I also have a new beginning today as I go for the first of my BSL course. I have started to accept that my hearing isn't getting better and at the rate the NHS works will be a very long time before they do anything to help so decided to take matters literally into my own hands and start a course to help refresh my sign language abilities.


Hope you all have a lovely day and that the Sun finally makes an appearance!

4 comments:

Sophia Catherine said...

I hope the BSL goes well for you. My father lost most of his hearing in young adulthood, and he and his partner do a lot of communicating in sign-supported English. I have the BSL stage one certificate, although I'm not very good! It's really helpful to be able to clarify a few words with my dad or his partner, though. I hope you find it equally helpful. It's a beautiful language.

J said...

Thankyou. It is frustrating indeed, I am only in my early 30's and its just so very frustrating to be totally unable to hear what is being said the min I step outside my door. If its very quiet and I am looking at the person talking I can hear them but if they are infront or away I have no chance. This is my way of trying to regain some of my freedom!

hope it is as useful as it has been for your family.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Have fun at your BSL course! Anything that helps with communication is well worth it. And Summer Solstice blessings to you all, too!

The Traveler said...

Sign language can be a lot of fun, and if you end up getting the help you need then you can always be a translator =). Blessed Solstice!