Thursday 30 September 2010

What did you once do that you really miss?


In my case its play the recorders. I know that sounds a bit geeky but it really was fun. Even managed to work with Sir Peter Maxwell Davis for a concert at the Queen Elizabeth Hall on Southbank once. And I miss it. Having recently found them again I thought I'd dust them off and bring them into our lives a bit more, well the neighbours dog barked everytine I have, Littleun has run for the hills and I have realised that just because once you were good at something doesn't mean you still are!

Being the stubborn sort I have not given up and am now practicing trying to get somewhere even half decent. It has however made quite a few folk I know go "oh I used too..." and start doing things they enjoyed once more.

So my question to you is, what did you do that you really liked and would you learn it or do it again now?

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I love the recorder! It's the only musical instrument that I can play. And I have been playing it -- atrociously -- for 40 years. Sounds like you were (and still are, I bet) a much more accomplished player. Go for it!!!

Diandra said...

I enjoyed a lot of things - playing the guitar, playing the harp, bellydancing, drawing - but I don't have the time for it. Between being an interpreter and trying to become a successful author, there is not much time left, and instead of doing lots of things halfheartedly, I'd rather do one or two things well. But I promised myself to take up some of these things along the way. At least bellydancing and playing the harp. (^v^)

(And I'd love to learn the clarinet and painting aquarels and sewing and... *rofl*)