Tuesday 17 November 2009

The silver lining of housework

Today I started the dreaded task of housework and moving everything out of my front room.
For this week I am finally getting my decorator to start the final restoration phase of my Victorian home. With a heavy heart I looked at the mess from all of Littleun's toys and my many many books not quite knowing which edge to start with (it kinda feels like a stormy tide, never ending and keeps coming back at you).
Several hours into it and I could now see the floor, the walls on the other hand are still well hidden. Looking at the sofas, which I will be getting rid of, and the boards holding them together I'm not sure how to deal with them. I imagine them on one side of the room and then the other. Finally I give up and head out for a walk, blowing the gunk from my mind I hit upon an idea and start for home again. Now lifting a 3 seater on your own isn't easy but it is well worth it. For I found a purse I'd long since given up and with it £45! yippee, can now afford the nicer rose for my light fittings. A silver lining indeed.

No comments: