Thursday 17 December 2009

Brr, its cold...

Its turned rather chilly here and even though we have new double-glazed windows the house doesn't seem to be retaining any heat. Could have something to do with the lack of floorboards though.
In one way I'm hoping that the snow settles, it'll be fun to take the littleun out on the sledge. But in another I hope it doesn't. My sister has to travel from one town to the next 17 miles away each day on a rather dodgy road and I worry for her safety.
It also makes me think of those less fortunate than myself, those who are suffering the cold streets tonight. The nearby Salvation Army are very good but I'm not sure that there are many overnight shelters left in this town. I wish I could do a bit more than the clothing/blanket donations I do do but it is hard to give up time as well as being a single working mum. As we head for the longest night with what appears to be the coldest forecast for a while I'll be giving thanks for my families safety and endeavour to do more to help others.....

No comments: