Tuesday 15 December 2009

What Path am I on?

For a long while now I have been reading and researching anything I could get my hands on. My ancestry is Irish so I was naturally drawn to the Celtic Path but thought it best to read about as many as I possibly could. One thing I have come to the conclusion of is that I am a solidarity pagan. It’s not that I don’t like others or want to hide away but more that in the area I live in most are solidarity and there isn’t a group or Coven nearby. Friends get together and we will at certain times take turns at our feasts/celebrations to lead any rituals but in general I go it alone. Plus at certain times of the wheel the locals go for it with massive celebrations, particularly at Beltane and Lammas/Lughnasadh and Littleun and I definitely join in with these.

I have read over the years about most faiths and beliefs, often drawn to the Egyptian pantheon and on occasion the Greek, but still can’t settle on one path. I know that this is the life I want and that like most things if it is worth doing then you will no doubt get tested but I feel a little frustrated that I still can’t seem to see clearly. I often feel lost, but then something will make me smile and seem to nudge me the right way forwards and more often than not it’s something involving Cernunnos / Green Man. Will I ever know the answers or is the nature of my Path to always be questioning?...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey...I still question and I'm already settled in my beliefs!

If you never question things you become a blind follower...who wants that?

Anyway...what's the rush?...Everyone will still be there waiting for you...when you decide to join them...just enjoy the ride there!

How's little'un...I've not been around for a while...

J said...

Hi,

No rush but I suppose a bit of self doubting is coming in. Most folk are being a bit funny with me this year, as though my choices have left them confused and they don't know what to do or say and its kinda making me feel a bit sad. Was having a bit of a blue day when I wrote this post.

Since then things have cheered up, we made our Yule altar/display yesterday (will post later) and have been baking, something I enjoy doing with Littleun.

Littleun is doing well. Has had a good week and seems to be having fun. Currently watching The Grinch who stole Christmas, for the 5th time this week!

Thanks for your positive words. I hope you are well too.

Jen