Thursday 8 October 2009

Shh....

Have you noticed how noisy life is? I’ve got to the stage where I can no longer hear myself think and as part of my path I have decided to give myself time without any modern interferences. Each day I‘d try and give myself at least half an hour of silence. I turn the phones off, switch off the computer, tv & radio and shut out the human world.


Today I decided as it wasn’t raining I’d go to the beach and sit watching the seagulls sweeping over the calm twinkling sea for the fishes. It was beautiful, the fishermen were far out catching their lot and these birds were chasing behind the boats darting for any easy pickings. I wandered down to the rock pools and found the colours of the anemone enhanced by the sunshine through the water and the odd crab scuttling back to his rock. Before I realised it 1½ hours had passed, my stress has disappeared and I felt quiet again….


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea...an English Pagan...I think we're a bit thin on the ground in "The Land Of Blog"...lovely to meet you and thank you for your comment on my blog.

I know what you mean about the quiet times...I grab mine early in the morning before the horde wake up!

Lovely pics...

J said...

Hello, thanks for replying. I hope to get more involved with the blogging but think I need a crash course on some of the technical bits fairly soon!

Its been good to see other peoples views towards both Paganism and blogging. Helps me kinda understand a bit more :o)